Registered nurses are arguably the most widely used nursing occupation. They are found in nursing homes, hospitals, clinics and in-home care. They provide a wide range of services to patients and their families. For this reason, they are some of the best compensated healthcare professionals. In 2014 San Francisco, CA had the highest paying registered nurse salary in the entire country.
Registered Nurse Salary in San Francisco, CA
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) the average registered nurse salary in San Francisco in 2014 was $134,390 per year, or about $65 per hour. This is more than double the national average!
Top 10 Highest Paying Cities in California
In 2014 the highest paying cities in California for registered nurse salary were:
- San Francisco, CA – $134, 300
- Santa Cruz, CA – $123,070
- Oakland, CA – $122,750
- San Jose, CA – $121,820
- Vallejo, CA – $114,290
- Sacramento, CA – $105,390
- Modesto, CA – $104,350
- Santa Rosa, CA – $102,660
- Salinas, CA – $101,160
- Napa, CA – $100,210
San Francisco Registered Nurse Job Outlook
The future of RNs in San Francisco is very bright. The BLS expects RN jobs in California to grow by 22% over the next ten years. This will create more than 50,000 new registered nurse jobs across the state!
San Francisco RN Schools
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
As few as 20 months
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from Simmons College and prepare to pursue certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner in as few as 20 months.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- RN-BSN (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- Dual Degree: MSN-MBA (MSN-MBA) - Online
- MSN Nursing Administration & Leadership (Master of Science) - Online
- And more...