Registered nurses are arguably the most widely used nursing occupation. They are found in nursing homes, hospitals, clinics and in-home care. They provide a wide range of services to patients and their families. For this reason, they are some of the best compensated healthcare professionals. In 2014 San Francisco, CA had the highest paying registered nurse salary in the entire country.
Registered Nurse Salary in San Francisco, CA
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) the average registered nurse salary in San Francisco in 2014 was $134,390 per year, or about $65 per hour. This is more than double the national average!
Top 10 Highest Paying Cities in California
In 2014 the highest paying cities in California for registered nurse salary were:
- San Francisco, CA – $134, 300
- Santa Cruz, CA – $123,070
- Oakland, CA – $122,750
- San Jose, CA – $121,820
- Vallejo, CA – $114,290
- Sacramento, CA – $105,390
- Modesto, CA – $104,350
- Santa Rosa, CA – $102,660
- Salinas, CA – $101,160
- Napa, CA – $100,210
San Francisco Registered Nurse Job Outlook
The future of RNs in San Francisco is very bright. The BLS expects RN jobs in California to grow by 22% over the next ten years. This will create more than 50,000 new registered nurse jobs across the state!
San Francisco RN Schools
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- And more...
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- RN to BSN (licensed RNs only)