Registered Nurse (RN) is one of the most widely used nursing occupations in many medical settings. The RN occupation requires a degree or diploma and the majority of states require registered nurses to be licensed and participate in the state nurse registry. RNs are paid a good salary and the future job market is promising with years of growth and new jobs ahead. RN programs in Vermont build students with the skills and knowledge they need to have success in the healthcare workplace.
RN Program Overview
RN programs in Vermont are some of the most common nursing programs. Most students choose to take one of the three typical education paths to become a registered nurse: bachelor’s of science in nursing (BSN), an associate’s of science in nursing (ASN), or a diploma in nursing from an accredited school. Some students elect to get their education from RN schools online rather than regular classroom-based environments.
RN Salary in Vermont
According to recent U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) results, the average registered nurse salary is $64,690 per year, or about $31 per hour. This is nearly double the median salary of all combined occupations in the U.S. That is why many students are choosing the registered nurse career path. With only a diploma or associate’s degree in nursing you can start making a good salary in a stable healthcare area.
The registered nurse salary in Vermont could vary from the average. Salary could be affected by a variety of factors which include, cost of living, education, and experience.
Vermont Registered Nurse Jobs
One of the most major inquiries from students is, “Are there going to be jobs after I graduate?” According to the BLS RN jobs are projected to increase by 26% between 2010 and 2020, including registered nurse jobs in Vermont. This could result in the creation of 700,000 new RN jobs! That is fantastic news for students who are thinking about beginning RN programs in Vermont. A good way to learn about specific RN jobs in Vermont is to search online job websites such as Monster or Indeed and review how many job postings there currently are in the area.
Recommended RN Programs in Vermont
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Practical Nursing
- Medical Assistant
- Health Care Aide
The Berkeley Advantage®
Preparing students for professional and personal success is what Berkeley College is all about. From career-focused degree and certificate programs offered in some of today’s most in-demand professions to extensive support resources, YOU are at the center of everything we do at Berkeley. Our commitment to students begins with their very first inquiries.
- Certificate in Practical Nurse
- AAS in Medical Assistant
- Certificate in Medical Assistant
- Master the knowledge, skills, and attitudes of a discipline
- Apply critical thinking and professional judgment skills in both problem analysis, and planning and implementing solutions
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing, and through use of technological media
- Exhibit the highest ethical and professional standards and integrity
- Function collaboratively as members of interdisciplinary teams
- Contribute to continuous quality improvement efforts.
- Use information literacy skills necessary to support continuous, lifelong learning
- Appreciate cultural differences and values in order to serve their communities as responsible professionals in a diverse society
- Vocational Nursing - Certificate
- Nurse Assistant - Certificate
- Medical Assistant - Certificate
Train for the real-world skills that help you launch a successful technology or healthcare career with a degree, or diploma from Florida Career College.
- Patient Care Technician (10-month diploma program)
- Medical Assistant Technician (10-Month diploma program)
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science with a Concentration in Computed Tomography
- Associate of Science in Health Science - Pre-Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- And more...
Since 1866, Davenport University has been providing students with real-world experience, giving them the edge they need to get the career they want.
Our goal is to offer guaranteed job placement to most of our students by 2020.
- Nursing Completion Program, BS
Get Personalized Attention at UMA
Ultimate Medical Academy is committed to helping you succeed in a healthcare career. That’s why we offer assistance from the very beginning, throughout training, and even after you graduate. One-on-one tutoring, pre-interview coaching, job search assistance, alumni services—they’re all included in our competitively priced tuition.
- Nursing Assistant
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assistant
Southern Technical College provides education and training in a variety of medical and technical areas that enable graduates to obtain entry-level employment. As a student at Southern Technical College, you will have the opportunity learn in several different ways.
- A.S. - Nursing
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Assistant
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
What Are You Waiting For?
- Nursing (RN) - Associate's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Physical Therapist Assistant - Associate's